Monday, March 30, 2009

Week 9 Thing 22

I was amazed by the amount of audiobooks available for free at a moments notice. At first, I was thrilled by the possibilities...listening to books while I clean, work out or play with the kids. Then, as I searched the lists, I was disappointed at the selection. I love the idea, but wish there were more modern selections. I did find that, if one were willing to pay, there are other websites out there with a more current list of books. I might have to try one out.

The ebooks that were available seemed outdated as well, and didn't appeal to me as much as the audiobooks. I don't like staring at a screen and they're much less convenient to curl up with in bed. Also, they don't provide the ability to do other things while enjoying a great story. I'll stick with books for now, but it was an eye opener to see what's out there.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, the joys of copyright. You will note that most of those free ones are now in the public domain because the copyright on them has run out. That's why the others cost money for the most part..... Have you used Listen Alaska? You can "check out" audio books for 2 weeks and listen to them, free. You need to have a public library card and your public library needs to be a member. They have more books for PC than for mac (ain't that always the way?) but there is an interesting selection.

    Ann

    ReplyDelete