Monday, March 2, 2009
Week 3 Thing 7
I recently took a class on GarageBand that was great, so I decided to make this post about that experience. Never having used it before, I was just hoping to get a general idea of how I could use it with my students. I was thrilled to leave the session with much more than that. I was able to record two voice tracks and even one background sound track. Then, I found video on Discovery Education that fit my audio about a chrysalis, so I used iMovie to edit the clip, then dropped it into GarageBand with my audio. I was even able to alter my voice to make it more fun. Whew! It was so easy, I know I could use GarageBand with my students and they would love the results. I'll try to upload my project, but so far, I haven't had luck. I'll keep trying. Wait, I think it's working this time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow, Janis... that is a great example of doing a Mashup with several different tools. Loved the format of the diary with the various voices. glad that you could merge the two classes :-)
ReplyDeleteAnn
Okay Janis - I am now confident in your podcast skills. This is great - did you talk to the second grade teachers in our building about using this when they teach the science kit on butterfies? Nice work TTL 6 partner... you tech skills are really starting to shine :)
ReplyDelete