Monday, March 23, 2009

Week 9 Thing 21

Recently, I discovered podcasts during another technology class I'm taking. It was nice to have more time to explore podcasts that are available on iTunes. I found everything from learning Spanish (which, interestingly enough, had a podcast about speaking Scottish) to science and grammar podcasts. I could see spending quite a lot of time listening to different news podcasts which also sounded interesting. I did go ahead and subscribe to several regular podcasts so I can keep up with them.

There are several ways to use podcasting with students. The grammar podcast was particularly interesting and could easily be shared with students to begin a minilesson. There are many examples of podcasts in a variety of subject areas that could be used directly with students.

Also, I am currently teaching my class how to create a podcast. Students wrote a piece that is now being recorded with a background track. It will eventually be linked to their locally-hosted webpages.

1 comment:

  1. Pod casts are something that I haven't done a whole lot with at this point. I listen to NPR and Thistle and Shamrock but I am trying to limit the number of things I am trying to keep up on right now. Too much going on. I usually do more with Podcasts in the summer when things slow down at the office....

    ReplyDelete