Monday, March 9, 2009

Week 6 Thing 13

Wow. At this point, I've spent hours exploring LibraryThing and Del.icio.us. I found LibraryThing interesting, but I'm not sure how often I'll find myself using it. I really like to peruse a library or bookstore, touch things and thumb through lots of books. I can see how it would be useful in selecting books though. Students, especially those who have a hard time finding books, would really benefit from this resource though. I'll have to keep it in mind and try using it periodically to see how it goes.

On the other hand, I love Del.icio.us! My toolbar was getting overrun with bookmarked sites, so I've been introduced to Del.icio.us just in time. It was so easy to locate really wonderful sites quickly. I usually find myself scouring the web before I find something useful; not anymore! I have an account and I know how to use it...well, I'm learning how to use it. =)

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh. Just in time learning...I love it.. Del.icio.us is so cool.

    The thing I like about LT is that I can get ideas about what books others like who have similar taste to me. I have hooked up with a number of good books that way. I have to agree that then I want to thumb through and peruse. I also occasionally write a review for a book I feel particularly strong about = or books that I can't understand the other reviews attitudes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, Janis. I also found Del.icio.us a veritable fountain of easily accessible and interesting sites.I spent quite a bit of time 'cruisin' around.
    Your avatar on your blog here is great, and I like the format of how you've laid out your sidebar posts. I'm still trying to figure out how to do that!

    ReplyDelete