Saturday, March 7, 2009

Week 4 Things 8 & 9

I had noticed the RSS symbol in the past, but never knew what it was for. After I explored the purpose of RSS, I was very interested. While I like to check a few favorite sites, I often don't because it't too time consuming. I set up a Google Reader account and quickly linked a few fun sites. Now, I can quickly get the information I want all from one location. It's great! Just today, I wanted to send something to lighten a friend's day, so I opened my account, found a joke and a comic strip and emailed them in about two minutes.

I found Edublog's award winning blogs especially interesting and added a few to my Google Reader account. Several blogs gave me great ideas on how I could use a blog rather than a web page to communicate with parents and students quickly and easily. I also liked looking at how their students blogged assignments too. I'm sure I'll spend quite a bit of time looking at these as I make decisions about how to expand the use of technology with my students. I expect to continue using this account and expand my list over time.

1 comment:

  1. RSS is a big time saver....I would never be able to keep up with the blogs for this class without it. :-)

    I have to be careful with how many things I add to mine....I end up feeling bad if I don't keep up and I would rather read and bead than read blogs. A couple that I do read are Blue Skunk and Terri Lesesne's book review blog. I also get UnShelved comics on my reader which is nice.

    Ann

    ReplyDelete